Please bear with us while we sort out some issues with our RSS feed plug-in. We are not intentionally posting abstract feed excerpts. In the meantime, it does make for some interesting although incomplete reading material.
Cash flow far exceeds purchase price, according to Oracle President Mark Hurd, but investment researcher remains doubtful.
Researcher finds vulnerability that allows attackers to bypass the plug-in’s new protection against silent exploits.
In a sudden outreach effort, Oracle promises to fix Java’s security bug and communicate better about future security issues. JavaOne may include a Java security track.
A recent survey found that cloud platforms reduce overall application development time by an average of 11.6 percent, but developers are finding that speed is just one advantage of programming in the cloud.
JavaWorld talks with Intuit Principal Engineer Jim Showalter about the evolving Java technology stack at Intuit, open source tools he uses every day, and where he currently finds challenge and inspiration as a career programmer.
Where once an endless parade of Web service protocols promised that any system could talk to another, today we’ve acheived interoperability by simpler means. Andrew C. Oliver on what we’ve learned from the story of REST vs. Web services.
To collect and analyze data on 200 million daily events, Evernote transitioned from a MySQL data warehouse to a hybrid environment of Hadoop and ParAccel.
10gen CEO Dwight Merriman discusses the genesis of MongoDB, pain points of the traditional RDBMS, and where he thinks the NoSQL trend is headed from here.
The Groovy team announced the second release candidate for Groovy 2.1.0 this week, and they’ve already released RC3 since then. This should be the final RC before 2.1.0 final.
The Griffon team released version 1.2.0 this week.
Marc Palmer is doing some interesting experiments with paid Grails plugin development, maintenance and documentation. He’s testing the waters with an e-book for the email-confirmation plugin, and is looking into how interested people are in a book on the resources plugin. And he should have a KickStarter campaign going soon to fund the development effort to clear the backlog of bugs and feature requests for the resources plugin. It’ll be interesting to see if the historically cheap Java-based community will be willing to dig into their wallets
Greach is this week, it will be Friday and Saturday in Madrid. Tickets are still available. Two tracks, a great lineup of speakers, Madrid. What more could you ask for?
Translations of this post:
- Groovy style and language feature guidelines for Java developers
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.35 Released
- Next Stop: Spring Framework 4.0
- Easily add a Contributor License Agreement to your GitHub project
- The recent Rails exploits and Grails
- Customizing Grails Scaffolding and Adding Accessibility with the Fields Plugin
- This Week in Spring – January 15th, 2012
There were 3 new plugins released:
- coffeescript-compiler version 0.5. Compiles .coffee source files into .js files
- excel-export version 0.1.3. Export data in Excel (xlsx) format using Apache POI
- hsoy-templates version 0.3. Adds support for Hsoy Templates (Google Closure Templates with HAML syntax)
and 21 updated plugins:
- airbrake version 0.9.2. Notifier plugin for integrating apps with Airbrake
- akka version 0.6.2. Akka actors integration from Groovy and Java, in a Servlet 3.x environment
- asynchronous-mail version 1.0-RC3. Send email asynchronously by storing them in the database and sending with a Quartz job
- atmosphere version 1.1.0.beta2. Provides integration with the Atmosphere project, a portable AjaxPush/Comet and WebSocket framework
- easygrid version 1.2.1. Provides a convenient and agile way of defining Data Grids
- email-confirmation version 2.0.8. Sends an email to a user with a link to click to confirm site registration
- events-push version 1.0.M7. A client-side event bus based on the portable push library Atmosphere that propagates events from the server-side event bus to the browser
- feature-switch version 0.5. Allows turning on and off of features
- functional-test-development version 0.9.4. Installs a script, develop-functional-tests, that you can use to develop your functional tests more conveniently
- handlebars-resources version 0.3.5. Supports using Handlebars.js templates with the Grails Resources Plugin
- jquery version 1.9.0. Integrates jQuery
- mail-on-exception version 0.1.1. Allows one to specify an email address where all frontend exceptions will be sent
- newrelic version 0.6. Adds the NewRelic Real User Monitoring feature to your GSP pages
- plastic-criteria version 0.5. Mock Grails Criteria for Unit Tests
- platform-core version 1.0.RC5. Provides functionality for plugins to use to achieve greater integration with each other and with applications
- raven version 0.5.3. Sentry Client for Grails
- remote-control version 1.4. Execute code inside a remote Grails application
- sanitizer version 0.8.0. Sanitizes markup(HTML, XHTML, CSS) using OWASP AntiSamy Filters
- spring-security-facebook version 0.10.4. Plugin for Facebook Authentication, as extension to Grails Spring Security Core plugin
- vaadin version 1.7.0-rc1. Adds Vaadin (http://vaadin.com/) integration
- xwiki-rendering version 1.0-RC2. Convert texts using XWiki Rendering Framework
- @graemerocher: Working on forked compilation in #grails 2.3. This along with forked run, test and console will allow the usage of different Groovy versions
- @asteingr: I feel to urge to rewrite @gcontracts build.gradle after having red @mrhaki‘s “Gradle Effective Impl Guide” #gradle #groovy
- @DailyGrailsTip: In grails 2.2, you can add comments to tables in your GORM mappings – http://t.co/xobQUIqj
- @aalmiray: good number of Groovy/Grails/Griffon posts in Malay http://t.co/2pw5nvxy Go Groovy!
- @DailyGrailsTip: Need to sanitize your requests? Use the XSS-sanitizer plugin – http://t.co/naIb8AqU
- @gr8conf: #gr8conf is looking for sponsors! Check out the sponsor program here: http://t.co/GJTHOfho #groovy #grails #gradle #griffon #gpars
- @nacho_brito: Sobre el Manual de #Grails http://t.co/aybS9CPS
- @DailyGrailsTip: Add entity auditing with hibernate with the Hibernate Envers plugin – http://t.co/e6trS4OG
- @javapassion: Starting new free webinars on #Groovy and #Grails and #HTML5 from March 1st. For registration go to http://t.co/y4Kq9DZs
- @grails_rocks: New #Grails Email Confirmation 2.0.8 released with dependency fixes from Platform Core RC5 and updated free online docs http://t.co/pb8ggBVo
- @rgladwell: Coming to the realization that in dynamic language frameworks like #Grails bean names are the interfaces.
- @mewzherder: Spring, Groovy, & Grails: Share your meetups & UGs here! http://t.co/iH8jB8NA @SpringSource @grailsframework
- @mittie: New release of @canoo #webtest with update to ant 1.8.4 and #groovy 2.0.6 #releaseWithEveryBuild thx Marc Guillemot
- @DailyGrailsTip: IceScrum is an open source Scrum enabler written in #grails – https://t.co/bPOcPUPw
- @ghopson: How brilliant is http://t.co/8ozILApL for us non designer developers? Love it! Pair up with #grails bootstrap plugin, hit ground SPRINTING
- @greach_es: Cortesía de @bqreaders, durante Greach sortearemos entre los asistentes una tablet y un lector, valorados en más de 200€! #groovy #grails
- Dice keyword search for Grails
- Monster keyword search for Grails
- Careerbuilder keyword search for Grails
- SpringSourceJob Twitter feed
- SpringSource job search at jobs.vmware.com
- Wanted: Passionate, high-quality developer to help us change the world
- Java Software Developer / Grails in Chicago
- @hansrajsurti: Xoriant is hiring PHP Leads/Developers(Mumbai), Grails Leads/Developers (Pune) – email@example.com
- Software Development Manager/ Engineering Team Lead at Rally Software Development in Raleigh, NC
- @RyanVanderwerf: Looking for a contract to hire QA engineer @ ReachForce. Selenium or related experience a huge plus. #selenium #jobs #grails #java #groovy
- @NickQiZhu: My recruiter friend is looking for Java/Grails contractor, ping me if you are interested
- @mgroves: Anyone like Grails/Java/iOS? I got a contract position you might be interested in.
@montrealoficial: #Emprego# Desenvolvedor Java Grails – RJ – Conhecimentos de SQL,OO e JSF.
Enviar currículo para firstname.lastname@example.org
- @tommackroryhn: Not to be missed, fantastic opportunity for any Senior Grails, Spring MVC and Java Software Engineers in Stockley Park, contact for info.
- Technical Lead at Panera Bread in Needham, MA
- Java Web Developer (Grails & Groovy), Austin, TX
- Java Developer Groovy Grails Maths in Surrey, HC
- Sr Java/Grails Developer at Virtuwell in St. Paul, MN
- Web Developer (Java with Grails & Groovy) in Houston, TX
- Senior Java Developer – Groovy – Grails in Torrance, CA
- Software Engineer (Java, Groovy/Grails, Lucene, Redis) in Boston
- Java/Grails Engineer – Java, Groovy, SQL in Chicago
- @simplymitzhie: I am urgently in need of Java Developers with Grails experience for a Philippine based project. Suitable candidates may send your resume to…
- Java / Grails Support Engineer in London
- Groovy Engineer – Java, Groovy, Grails in Minneapolis, MN
User groups and Conferences
- January 25th-26th, Madrid
GR8Conf Europe 2013
- May 22nd-24th Copenhagen, Denmark
GR8Conf US 2013
- July 21st-23rd Minneapolis, MN
Spring Security Grails Plugin: In Depth – January 24, 2013
- Austin Groovy and Grails Users